40% Time Savings with Off-site Construction and Why you Should or Shouldn’t Do It – w/ Ryan E Smith
Ryan E Smith, author of
- Prefab Architecture: A Guide to Modular Design and Construction
- Offsite Architecture: Constructing the future
He is also Professor of University of Utah in the College of Architecture and Planning
We discuss the value proposition of doing offsite construction, and who is the best suited to embark on doing offsite, and what they need to be thinking about.
- What type of production is construction? – by Glen Ballard.
- National Institute Building Sciences
- Whole Building Design Guide
- Off-Site Construction Council
- Modular Building Institute
Companies you should be paying attention to that are doing off-site construction epically:
- Urban 1 Builders in Vancouver
- Gluck Plus – Architecture /Developer/ GC Company
- Marriot Hotels is working with Girden Modular out of Boise, Idaho.
- Citizen M hotels where modules coming from Poland
- Vertical integration models for the housing industry
- Blueprint Robotics
You can find Ryan E Smith at:
- Google Ryan E Smith University of Utah
Music By: Epic Music Supervision
Show Notes: Constructrr.com/ep37